Valero Ride to the River is more than a ride. It's an experience grounded in camaraderie and marked by passion, inspiration, determination and pure enjoyment
BIKE MS Ride to The River takes place October 5 - 6, 2019 Rolling Oaks Mall to New Braunfels
Choose Your Challenge! You don’t have to ride the entire 161-miles or both days to help create a world free of MS. You can choose the route option and day that works best for you. Join us as we ride from the Alamo City to the home of the Comal County Fair in New Braunfels. Feel the excitement this fall and relish a fully supported ride, full of challenges and charming scenery along the hill country. All routes include the beautiful River Road in Gruene and themed rest stops. Then revel in the thrill of victory at the finish line festival with a food, music and the Left Hand Brewing beer garden. It will be an experience you'll never forget, shared with new friends and old.
Ride Info & Requirements
- The minimum age to ride is 12. See additional requirements below for cyclists ages 12 through 17.
- The fundraising minimum is $300.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted, however, Bike MS is a fundraising ride with a minimum fundraising requirement, so register as early as you can to raise money and have the greatest impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions, we will delay the event until conditions improve. Please watch for weather-related updates via email and the event website.
- Helmets are required. No exceptions.
- Family and friends are always welcome at our start and finish locations, but not on the route.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are provided to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride; however, service animals are welcome.
Here are some special requirements for cyclists ages 12 through 17:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before the day of the event – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- Even if the child is on a tandem bicycle, all of the requirements above still apply.
- No trailers, tagalongs, or child carriers are allowed on the route.